Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Going Vegan - Day 4 - I think I can

I feel really good - and I'm not really missing cheese :) Danny is really being very supportive. He got me a new book - The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau and we are finding tons of yummy recipes. This book helped me get over my first fear - that my favorite staple food, pizza, would be off limits. She has several vegan pizza recipes in the book that inspire much more flavorful pies. I am starting to wonder why I ever liked the cheese-laden slices I was used to eating. There are also some good recipes for 'cheese' sauces, cheese block and tempeh bacon, which will come in handy when those tomatoes get ripe!

I also check VegWeb.com quite a bit. There are very inventive recipes here for just about anything you could crave - including vegan fried chicken - hmmm.

I've found that I have to eat a lot more to keep my blood sugar stable, but I'm eating mostly fruits and veggies. I've been so busy that I haven't experimented too much with different recipes. I'm really happy with what I've tried so far.

The only cheese issue I really am having is eating out. We are going out for dinner one day next week to our favorite restaurant, where I have several vegetarian favorites - but they all have cheese. I'm not sure what to order.

Peace,
michele

No comments:

Post a Comment